At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a External Communications Specialist to join our growing team.
The External Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing strategic communication programs and activities targeting audiences external to the organization and that align with National Vision’s brand. This position will work with internal stakeholders to develop, manage and execute initiatives that elevate corporate visibility and dialogue among external stakeholders including shareholders, investors, media and others. Additionally, this position will be responsible for managing all external digital content including the National Vision website and social media channels.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Creates and manages content for all National Vision corporate digital channels including its website and social media channels, ensuring public company and brand compliance and leading day-to-day execution.
- Develops, executes and maximizes National Vision’s approach/process for updating and optimizing website content.
- Works with Director of Communications to develop suite of National Vision branded materials/tools for use across the organization (e.g., fact sheets, leadership bios, etc).
- Manages all media requests and all execution efforts working with PR agency and internal stakeholders to lead logistics/coordination, media training/preparation, materials development, follow- up, etc.
- Develops and manages a media tracking system to capture/log all media inquiries and results.
- Assists with all public content/media needs related to public company activities (e.g., quarterly earnings results, annual reports, 8Ks, etc.).
- Assists Director of Communications with development of annual impact reporting and communications elements of corporate ESG approach.
- Four year college degree, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years related experience and/or training, preferably in communications or marketing at an agency or corporation.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills with a demnstrated history of digital/social content that gets results.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.