As a Lenovo Data Center Group Product Manager, you need to possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with product development to define requirements. You will work with marketing to define go-to-market strategies, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for our product offerings, working with sales, business partners and customers.
A Lenovo Data Center Product Manager should have intrinsic product knowledge as well as detailed technical knowledge about a variety of enterprise I.T. environments. You should have the ability to understand addressable market, competitive analysis, and clearly articulate the technical differentiators of the product. Extensive customer and field interaction will be required.
You will need technical skills and experience in Cloud Solutions, Converged Infrastructure and Hyperconverged Systems. A firm understanding of the underlying virtualization, storage, networking and systems management elements of the solution. You’ll need advanced writing and speaking skills. The ability to create technical briefs, blogs or other publications. Previous experience at an information technology research and advisory company, or current subject experience at a tier-1 data center products manufacturer.
You will be required to interact with, and present to, customers and IT professionals at a high level, to understand customer needs and help to provide Lenovo solutions. Be perceived as a trusted technical advisor. Engage with technology and business partners as required.
Must have experience working in the Data Center industry, with general knowledge in server, networking, storage infrastructure and business applications used in enterprise environments.
• Primarily responsible to launch new products into market
• Responsible to provide definition and requirements to product development
• Lead product training (sales, channel partners, customers)
• Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences, etc….
• Quickly respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with RFPs
• Act as a technical consultant in pre-sales engagements with high touch customers
• Technical product support for Marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives
• Work with cross-functional teams for go-to-market strategy and execution
• Travel required to support field and marketing activity (15-20%)
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 7 - 10 years minimum experience in the IT industry as a product manager, technical marketing engineer or system engineer
• Direct experience with Converged Infrastructure and Hyperconverged systems
• Direct experience with Cloud-based systems (private and hybrid)
• The ability to develop product strategy to increase attach rate
• Strong presentation, communication, and technical writing skills– ability to understand, specify and communicate solutions, able to tailor communications to the appropriate level of customer and management
• Manage product roadmaps, solutions, vision, RFI responses, and Reference Architectures to customers and external audiences
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of underlying solutions technologies (networks, databases, storage, virtualization, security, tier-2 and tier-3 architectures, ERP, OLTP, e-Commerce, Modeling and Simulation, HPC and clustering.)
• Experience in Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional Services, Financial Services, Education, and/or Retail market verticals is a plus.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
• Maintain knowledge of competitive offerings
• Anticipate and react industry trends and competitive gaps with in-depth market analysis
• Train and support sales teams, business partners and customer
• Lead executive briefings
• Support development of collateral to enable sellers and partners
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills
• A solid work history and a proven track record of completing projects on time
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing environments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.