Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will work as a Senior Data Engineer, partnering with our investment professionals to develop technology solutions supporting a discretionary investment team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing tools to enable key investment decisions based on data analysis.
Through close partnership with investment professionals, you will see firsthand how your software is impacting trade activities and delivering long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million CPP contributors and beneficiaries.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, collocated with researchers and portfolio managers.
- Develop cutting edge analytical tools that can be leveraged by investment professionals.
- Partner with the investment team to analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions that support the integration of alternative data into the investment process.
- Define and shape CPPIB’s future discretionary investment process.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-HP1
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Experience working at a buy-side/sell-side investment firm in a role related to the investment process.
- Exposure to statistical analysis methods would be beneficial.
- Passion for financial research and the mathematics behind investing.
- Experience building flexible solutions that can adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be a self-starter.
- Ability to create clear and effective visual displays of data.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages and statistical packages such as R, Python, pandas, statsmodels, matplotlib.
- Proficiency with one or more analytic tools such as Tableau, D3.
- Experience using cloud providers such as AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure.
- Experience working with large data sets and Big Data tools (e.g. Hive, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo DB).
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.