Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement “World Class Care, every patient, every time” helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Portneuf Medical Center has served Pocatello and its surrounding Idaho communities since 1907. We’re known as the Gateway to the Northwest and are located within 2 hours of Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City and Yellowstone National Park.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Director of Human Resources to join our team!
What You’ll Do
The Director of Human Resources must be a seasoned manager who is well organized, self-directed and capable of a broad range of managerial tasks. Daily activities will include planning, organizing and implementing strategies, as well as effective delegation and mentoring in a participative environment. The incumbent must be approachable and give useful feedback to staff regarding their job performance. As the organization continues to change, difficult decisions will need to be made, requiring a high degree of judgment, tact, and the ability to lead by example. Overall responsibility for all aspects of Human Resource Management, including recruitment, employment, employee relations, compensation/benefits and management development. Serves on Executive Team that oversees all strategic and operational aspects of the hospital. Serves as internal consultant to management and staff.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Directs broad operations to ensure the provisions of comprehensive departmental services with all regulatory agencies and hospital requirements.
- Ensures a collaborative departmental approach to long-range strategic operational planning, care and service design and development of organizational policies, which reflect the mission of the organization.
- Demonstrates responsible management of all departmental resources. Continuously assesses, measures and improves departmental performance.
- Demonstrates technical and managerial competency. Ensures that the professional development needs of management and staff are met.
- Develops, implements and evaluates all organization-wide human resource functions including recruitment, compensation/benefits and employee relations.
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability. Tuition reimbursement, advancement and career development opportunities.