Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
OUR MISSION: Ardent Health Services is a premier provider of health care services, delivered with compassion for patients and their families, with respect for employees, physicians, and other health professionals, with accountability for our fiscal and ethical performance, and with responsibility to the communities we serve.
OUR PHILOSOPHY: Every action we take at AHS is built on three key tenets:
We believe it is this mix of corporate support and local autonomy that equips our facilities for success.
- Ardent recognizes that each hospital is as unique as the community it serves.
- We believe in working with employees and physicians to improve the quality of care, patient safety and customer service and we measure all three continuously.
- We reinvest in our facilities – helping our hospitals expand services, enhance technology and add new programs that fulfill their missions.
OUR POSITION: We have an exciting opportunity to join our Legal Team as Healthcare Operations Counsel (Attorney II).
Under general guidance and supervision, the Healthcare Operations Counsel (Attorney II) prepares and reviews a variety of complex contracts and provides legal counsel, guidance and representation to the Company and its affiliated healthcare operations as requested on complex legal and operational issues.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with senior counsel in advising on healthcare operations, general corporate transactions, regulatory and compliance issues, employment, medical staff issues, contracting, and patient concerns.
- Provides legal review and/or advice to facility administration; participates in the development of system policies and procedures; reviews contracts; and negotiates and facilitates transactions.
- Prepares and interprets medical staff documents, leases, real estate documents, and corporate documents.
- Assists with compliance investigations as needed. Coordinates with Compliance Department.
- Participates in activities that increase legal knowledge, professional expertise, and the delivery of quality legal services. Conducts educational sessions, prepares compliance plans, prepares and facilitates implementation plans.
- Requests and utilizes interdepartmental services as they pertain to the provision of legal services; establishes and maintains working relationships with all department personnel relative to the legal service function.
- Assists in development of methods for achieving goals, such as competitive bids, form agreements, reviews legal resources, and system policies within legal limits.
- Uses skill, knowledge and experience to assist company in amicably resolving disputes with third parties.
Must have 4+ years of experience in healthcare law, including but not limited to, EMTALA, HIPAA, Stark, ACA, fraud and abuse, and healthcare regulatory compliance. Hospital governance and operations preferred, but not required.
Previous law firm experience preferred.
Ability to travel as needed; up to 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.