Emergency Department Pharmacist Job- (ED), Full Time, Days, Albuquerque
We're looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to join our Emergency Department in Albuquerque, NM. This Full-Time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
The Emergency Department Pharmacist is rresponsible for educating healthcare professionals and patients on medication use, as well as compounding and dispensing prescribed medications for patient care. The ER Pharmacist preforms professional and technical activities associated with the distribution of medications, the maintenance of drug inventory, patient records and patient financial records and supervises interns and technicians for assigned area. He or she aderes to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Emergency Department Clinical Pharmacist Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. from an accredited college.
- ASHP Accredited PGY1 residency (preferred) or equivalent experience (required).
- Minimum of two (2) years as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting (equivalent to PGY1).
- PGY2 residency or equivalent experience (preferred).
- Three (3) - Five (5) years experience as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting (equivalent to PGY2)
- Minimum of 12 months experience in Critical Care/ Emergency Medicine setting (required).
- Current License to practice Pharmacy in the State of NM.
- Hospital based Desired: IV Certification or must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively; Knowledge of pharmacy operational systems which may include unit dose distribution, IV admixture, QA, DUR, Pharmacy computer systems, and automated drug dispensing equipment.
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 and 2018
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
To be immediately considered for the Emergency Department Clinical Pharmacist job, or for further questions, please contact HR Recruiter Amber Gray @ email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.