You're going to LOVE Lovelace!
Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Lovelace Women's Hospital is hiring a Labor & Delivery Surgical Scrub Tech
- Assists surgeons with surgical procedures within the operating room under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to include conveying sterile instruments and supplies used in basic to complex surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of sterile techniques, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field setup including sterilization methods.
- Consistently demonstrates performance in a manner conducive to safe, efficient and swift completion and turnover of a surgical procedure.
- Ensures accurate count of sponges, needles, and instruments used in all procedures at all times.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology program or hospital-based program
- Desired: Certified OR Tech
- Minimum: Six (6) months experience in an acute care hospital-based operating room or ambulatory surgery unit.
- Desired: 1 year OR experience
- Minimum: CPR;
- Desired: CORT; or CST
- Clinical Competencies; Sterilization techniques; Operating Room instruments and supplies; medical terminology
- Excellent Critical thinking skills.
Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.