Surgical Scrub Tech, Surgery, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Surgical Scrub Tech to join our Surgical team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Surgical Scrub Tech Job Responsibilities:
- Assists surgeons with surgical procedures within the operating room under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to include conveying sterile instruments and supplies used in basic to complex surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of sterile techniques, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field setup including sterilization methods.
- Supports physician’s surgical practice in a variety of procedures including a specialty in the operating room.
- Ensures accurate count of sponges, needles, and instruments used in all procedures at all times.
Surgical Scrub Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology program or clinical-based program
- Six (6) months experience in an operating room or ambulatory surgery unit
- One (1) year OR experience desired
- Current BLS
- CORT or CST desired
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Sterilization techniques and Operating Room instruments and supplies
- Training in Anatomy and Physiology
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
- 2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.