Med.Surg and ICU, Nursing Director, Full Time, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Nursing Director to join our Med/Surg and ICU team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Nursing Director, Med/Surg and ICU Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and administers strategic, operational, fiscal and personnel activities for assigned nursing department(s) in accordance with established regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and manages budgets, manages/supervises staff and ensures quality services are provided through daily operations.
- Manages clinical operations and development for assigned area(s) with measurable improvements in clinical outcomes and customer patient satisfaction.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Nursing Director, Med/Surg and ICU Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Nursing; Relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for one another in accordance to policy.
- Desired: Masters Degree
- Ability to influence, motivate, manage, train, direct, counsel and develop staff; communication and positive employee relation skills; knowledge of regulatory standards for compliance
- Five (5) years relevant clinical experience of which three (3) years must have been in a management capacity. Relevant education and/or experience may be substituted in accordance to policy
- Minimum: CPR; Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.