Patient Care Tech/PCT, Cardiovascular Step Down, PRN job, Nights, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Patient Care Tech to join our Cardiovascular Step Down team in Albuquerque, NM.
This PRN job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, is an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Patient Care Tech Job Responsibilities:
- The Patient Care Tech performs all duties of the Patient Care Tech as defined by department competencies.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Weighs patients, takes vital signs and patient history, and documents chief complaint.
- Prepares exam room for next patient and assures supplies are available for exam; may schedule appointments and obtains referral when necessary.
- Maintains safety practices according to hospital policy to ensure safe delivery of patient care.
Patient Care Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS
- Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech, or Certified Nursing Assistant program desired
- Experience in Phlebotomy or completion of a Phlebotomy course is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Desired experience in a healthcare setting
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.