Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Twelve of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2019 – the twelfth consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our EPIC team as a Senior Interface Developer focusing on Epic Bridges and the Cloverleaf integration suite.
As a Senior Interface Developer, you will be responsible for the development, documentation, optimization, support, and execution of key interfaces that enable sharing of information and a high degree of interoperability and integration across the Ardent technology landscape. This position will play a pivotal role in the organization's achievement of future Meaningful Use and connected care goals and will be responsible for development of new interfaces, working closely with Ardent's Enterprise Application Teams and other internal and external resources.
- Design, architect, and develop interfaces that enable tight integration and inter-operability across Ardent's full suite of healthcare technology solutions
- Participate in development of Ardent's health information exchange capabilities.
- Responsible for operational stability and tuning / management of interface processes thereby ensuring data integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of delivery.
- Estimate projects and enhancements to existing or new interfaces as part of project portfolio initiation process.
- Mentor other interface developers as required and act as an SME where required for interface and integration considerations.
- 3+ years of experience in interface development within a healthcare environment
- 2+ years of experience working with the Cloverleaf interface engine/suite
- 2 + years of experience with EPIC BRIDGES module
- Experience with HL7 interface design and development with practical experience implementing projects
- Proficiency with Unix, SQL, Oracle, TCL or other scripting languages.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirement, design, development, testing, deployment, support).
- Experience with Healthcare Provider/payor applications & solutions.
- Familiarity with Healthcare Provider platforms and technologies.
- Consultative approach to solving complex integration problems. Ability to see the big picture and recommend strategies based on detailed understanding of current state as well as future direction.
- 5+ years of experience in interface development within a healthcare environment
- 4+ years of experience working with the Cloverleaf interface engine/suite
- Hands-on experience with additional interface engines
- Advanced level experience with Unix, SQL, Oracle, TCL or other scripting languages.
- System administration using HL7 message structures.
- Experience with Point to point interface and ETL integration
- Experience with private HIE development or implementation and / or integration with public RHIO and HIEs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.