Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse--Emergency Room to join the Mountainside Team!
What You’ll Do
The Registered Nurse—Emergency Room is responsible for performing initial patient assessments and partnering with physicians to devise, implement, and evaluate plan of care, while administering medications, IV, monitor vital signs and provide patients with support and education on diagnosis, treatment options and disease process.
- Provide nursing care as directed by medical staff for acutely ill and injured trauma cases in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and the State Nurse Practice Act
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients and family about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Report patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift, as needed based on individualized patient assessment
- Perform any and all other duties assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor’s of Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; ER setting preferred
- Valid NJ state RN license, ACLS and BLS certifications
- Critical Care and CEN certifications preferred
- EMS/EMT background preferred
- Emergency crisis expertise a must
What We Offer
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401k with Company match
Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
6 Paid Holidays
Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.