Ardent Health Services is a national healthcare company headquartered in Nashville, TN. Our subsidiaries own and operate hospitals and multispecialty physician practices in seven states. Ardent includes 30 hospitals, 4,840 patient beds, 25,000 employees, and 1,150 employed physicians. Within the industry we are noted for recognizing that every hospital is as unique as the community it serves. This in-depth understanding of how healthcare works at the local level is one of our great strengths. We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager to support our Nashville corporate office and Americas Division.
The Human Resources Manager will guide and maintain strategic relationships at all levels within the organization with a focus on employee relations, division human resources project management, and policy development and management.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Interprets policies and procedures, incorporating knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws (i.e. FLSA, ADA, FMLA, Title VII) and practices and provides recommendations to resolve employee relations issues.
- Investigates employee relations matters to ensure appropriate resolution, risk mitigation, compliance, and consistency.
- Serves as a divisional project manager in areas such as organizational development, talent management, agency reduction, compliance, employee engagement, and total rewards.
- Develops and maintains human resources workplace policies and practices in close partnership with the vice president of employee relations and legal teams.
- Coordinates statistical analysis to support division business initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is required.
- SHRM PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal and local employment laws.
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple-concurrent projects.
- Ability to guide or conduct thorough non-biased investigations.
- Strong coaching and advising skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
- Service – Patient Centered Customer Service
- Quality – Clinical and Operational Excellence
- People – Promotes a Collaborative Environment
- Financial – Business Acumen
- Growth – Fosters Innovation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.