Patient Care Tech, NICU, Full-Time, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Patient Care Tech to join our NICU team in Albuquerque, NM.
This Full-Time job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Patient Care Tech Job Resposibilities:
The Patient Care Tech performs all duties of the Patient Care Tech as defined by department competencies.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Weighs patients, takes vital signs and patient history, and documents chief complaint.
- Prepares exam room for next patient and assures supplies are available for exam; may schedule appointments and obtains referral when necessary.
- Maintains safety practices according to hospital policy to ensure safe delivery of patient care.
Patient Care Tech Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Desired: Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech, or Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Experience in Phlebotomy or completion of a Phlebotomy course is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Desired: Experience in a healthcare setting
- BLS Required
- Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
- 2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.