Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our compensation team as Director, Compensation.
The Director, Compensation is responsible for the development, implementation and management of company-wide broad based compensation programs including base, variable and incentive pay programs. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Total Rewards and will work closely with leadership across the enterprise to ensure compensation strategies and programs support the enterprise’s objectives.
- Develop, recommend and execute compensation programs to address business needs that will support Ardent’s business strategy.
- Monitor and analyze benchmark data, trend information, and economic projections to ensure Ardent’s compensation strategy is market competitive.
- Facilitate Annual Market Study for each division to provide routine, trusted method for compensation practice oversight.
- Ensure compensation policies and pay-for-performance initiatives comply with local, state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement compensation processes, systems and tools that align with the strategic growth of the company
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to fully understand compensation objectives, and provide service with a consultative approach.
- Provide leadership and direction on matters such as job evaluations, job offers, promotional increases, total compensation assessments, special pay studies, process improvements, evaluation of our programs.
- Partner with HR leaders and Business Partners to deliver innovative solutions that are the highest quality and deliver outcomes that meet business needs and align with our core values.
- Partner with Finance on compensation programs to ensure alignment with costs and practices.
- Design and facilitate workshops to educate key stakeholders on compensation programs and systems.
- Ensure proper documentation and audit processes are developed, approved, and followed.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is required
- Minimum of 10+ years of compensation experience. CCP certification is preferred
- Lawson/Infor experience preferred
- Proven “best practice” experience in compensation programs, systems, and structures
- Experience in managing through a matrix organization
- Proven experience managing change in a healthcare environment
- Experience in evaluating and selecting compensation systems and tools
- Ability to manage and negotiate with external suppliers and vendors
- Experience with mergers/acquisition due diligence
- Extensive knowledge of hospital and physician compensation strategies and tactics
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to manage remotely and through a matrix organization
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Strong coaching and advising skills
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- People – Promotes a Collaborative Environment
- Quality – Clinical and Operational Excellence
- Service – Patient Centered Customer Experience
- Growth – Fosters innovation
- Financial – Business Acumen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.