Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Seven of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2017 – more than any other system in the country. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 & 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Analyst to join our Contract Management team.
The Contract Analyst will ensure compliance with corporate policies regarding payment and contractual allowance verification with all payers by loading contract profiles in the contract management system that contains all payer contracts and calculations of expected reimbursement.
- Provide reporting of payment variance reviews.
- Analyze data to find missed revenue opportunities.
- Load contract language by facility and payer into the contract management system.
- Audit contracts prior to movement into production within contract management system
- Coordinate changes needed to contract profiles or system set up
- Maintain working relationships with Managed Care Department to ensure timely loading of contracts and proper interpretation of contract language
- Coordinate with Reimbursement Managers to identify changes for governmental payors for contract loading.
- Monitor payer websites for changes to payment rates or methods
- Provide analysis of data in contract management system to the facility and corporate management as requested
- Prepare monthly reports providing analysis of payment variances for distribution to facility CFO's and Market CBO’s.
- Prepare reviews of accounts worked by underpayment team to ensure proper resolution
- Maintain working knowledge of contract management and patient accounting systems
- Build relationships with facility Finance, Business office and Managed Care Personnel
- Ability to analyze data to determine corrective actions needed to effectively understand changes required to maintain the integrity of the contract management system
- Ability to understand payment methodology and utilize formulas with system syntax to correctly program reimbursement rates for contracted commercial and governmental payers.
Education: Degree, BBA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of contract management experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with reimbursement methodology required
- nThrive (MedAssets) experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level of Excel knowledge required for optimal functionality in the role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of Managed Care Contracts and Medicare payment methodologies required.
- Epic experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.