Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Seven of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2017 – more than any other system in the country. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator.
This is a Sr. Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator role with responsibilities in Oracle providing operational database services to the organization. The proper candidate will be a highly competent and highly motivated individual that will strengthen the database team.
- Responsible for owning, tracking and resolving RDBMS instance and database related alerts
- Responsible for incidents and requests.
- Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Working with database engineering, and other application support and development teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- This role will require some after-hours work and DBA on-call rotation are assumed.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision provided by the database manager.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills with all teams and team members.
- Required-Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Certification(s) are a plus (e.g. - MTA, MCSA, MCSE, Oracle DBA Associate, SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, etc.)
- 7+ years’ experience in Information Services, preferably in the health care industry
- 5+ years’ experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server required
- 1+ Years’ experience with Oracle (on Unix) Database Administration preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving RDBMS instance and database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using Solar Winds DPA and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles and practices, indexes, index management and statistics, TSQL and PLSQL
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models; including Oracle RMAN, Avamar Native SQL Server.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server; including Failover Clusters, Always On Availability Groups, Replication
- Experience in implementing / supporting operational automation using scripts, data import/export methods, ftp, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with / or willingness to learn basic Oracle (on Unix) support functions; ability to triage and escalate issues to primary Oracle DBA \ Oracle DBA consultants as appropriate
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with SQL Server using VMWare Virtualization (ESX 6.0) is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Always On Availability Groups is a plus
- Experience with database security, encryption, audit, and compliance is a plus
- Certification is a plus; MTA, MCSA, MCSE, Oracle is a plus
- Experience with SQL Server product suite (i.e. - Reporting Services, Analysis Services) and other Microsoft products that utilize SQL Server (i.e. - SharePoint, Project Server, BizTalk) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Unix commands and Oracle RDBMS architecture and design is a plus
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory, GPO, OU, and disk configurations is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.