Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
- 31 hospitals
- 4,840 licensed beds
- 25,000 employees
- 1,150 employed providers
- $4.6 billion in revenues
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lease Transaction Coordinator to join our real estate team.
The Lease Transaction Coordinator will act as the first point of contact for any real estate leasing requests initiated by Hospital or Clinic Facilities within a defined territory. This critical role is responsible for managing the lease negotiation process for the facilities in a territory, including tracking critical dates and lease transaction documents, and providing guidance related to regulatory compliance. In addition the ideal candidate will assist the department head with developing, implementing, and supporting the administrative infrastructure for a complex and widely dispersed real estate department, including policy and procedure development and implementation. Leasing experience in a fast paced commercial real estate environment is preferred and experience with medical office leasing regulations is an asset.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the real estate lease process for a defined territory.
- Independently ensure the timely development, negotiation and execution of new and renewal leases, verifying business terms comply with company policies, procedures and legal regulations.
- Maintain system to track critical lease dates, coordinating timely exercise of lease options, renewals and other option rights, and elevating as needed to AVP, Real Estate.
- Coordinate abstracting of leases and supplemental documentation with Lease Administration Vendor.
- Coordinate with Lease Administration Vendor on payment requests, reimbursements and disputes.
- Leads or participates in projects and initiatives as a department representative, cross functional team member or individual contributor.
- Evaluate existing contracts for potential risks, improvements, and compliance with corporate leasing policies and procedures. Report discrepancies to AVP, Real Estate and troubleshoot for prompt resolution.
- Assist in organizing files upon acquisition of new properties. Work in tandem with Lease Administration Vendor to provide streamlined and efficient work flow.
- Research and interpret lease clauses to address internal customer questions and concerns, then assist to troubleshoot and resolve.
- Understanding of healthcare real estate regulations, such as the Stark Law and medical leases, is preferred.
- Must have strong communication and relationship skills as well as high degrees of self-, initiative and desire to learn.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, proactive organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Understanding of lease terminology, calculations, financial terms and principles required
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with sensitive business information in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; must be able to work within minimal supervision as well as to take direction from multiple managers.
- Able to identify Hospital needs and commit to responding to them in agreed upon timeframes.
- Work well in a team environment and has a positive outlook and attitude.
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related Real Estate or Legal field preferred
- 2+ years working in a transactional lease role required, in the medical industry preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.