Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our finance team as a Sr. Project Accountant.
The primary function of the Sr. Project Accountant is to provide decision support of the planning and execution of capital and operating projects for the Information Technology & Services (IT&S) department. This position is responsible for all budgeting, commitment and cost tracking, cash flow forecasting, and all other financial accounting of all capital and operating projects.
- Prepare and maintain the capital and operating projects tracking by coordinating with key department stakeholders.
- Building cost estimates and budget trackers for large EHR and system implementations/upgrades.
- Work with the Project Management Office and IT Department managers in preparation and/or initial review of the capital expenditure requests.
- Assist in month-end close process for capital and operating projects which includes all necessary journal entries
- Collaborate with the Staff Accountant & Financial Analyst providing all needed information for the capitalization and depreciation of capital projects during month-end and year-end close and to reconcile project records and the fixed asset system to the general ledger.
- Track project expenditures and updating the project cost model
- Assist in the preparation of schedules for annual audit performed by external auditors.
- Preparation of the annual capital and projects budget
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide accurate and efficient service under the stress of constant deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to work on different projects at one time.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the Company.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work/communicate with Senior Leadership
- Ability to lead financial presentation
- Detail oriented.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 3+ years of project accounting experience required; healthcare and cost modelling experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advance use of MS Excel
- Lawson experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle Smart View preferred
- Initiative and desire to take ownership of projects.
- A team attitude to work and interact with departments throughout the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.