Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Project Management Office as a Senior Project Manager, Epic.
The Senior Project Manager, Epic will provide project management and/or coordination for Epic deployment projects. Responsibilities include project and task planning with subject matter experts and application area project managers, effort and resource estimating, time tracking, status reporting and deliverable management. This individual may potentially manage smaller system deployments, custom system enhancements, tool evaluation projects, process analysis and designs, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain Epic and custom development work plans in MS Project
- Create Project Management documents including project charters and scope statement, project Gantt charts, team structure and roles/responsibilities, governance plans, kickoff meeting materials, etc.
- Create Project Deliverables including system design specifications, training plans, testing plans, cutover plans and schedules, etc.
- Budget and manage time and resource tracking for major projects
- Compile and maintain deliverable repositories for project documents and best practices, support project team members on the use of deliverable templates
- Manage small teams (1 to 3 members) for custom development, package implementations, and business process improvement/automation projects
- Proven knowledge of package system implementation and custom development methodologies
- Must have good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must have demonstrated good change management, conflict resolution and facilitation skills in previous subject matter.
- Must have proven track record of accomplishments in technology development and support
Education and Technical:
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems / Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Tools include MS Project and the MS Office Suite
- PMP Certification required
- Experience implementing Epic
- Minimum of 7 years of experience using a structured packaged systems deployment methodology
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing small projects (3 to 5 people) or as a team lead on large projects (15 or more people)
- Experience analyzing business and systems needs to develop project plans including tasks, resource estimates, team members, deliverables (e.g. test and training plans), procedures and design documents
- Experience in a Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Health care experience is required
- Up to 25% travel may be required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.