Charge Registered Nurse/RN, Emergency Room, Full-Time job, Varibale Hours
We are looking for a Charge Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Room Department in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Charge RN Job Responsibilities:
- The Charge RN is responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including leadership of the patient care and staff during assigned shifts, for the department in his/her charge.
- Supports the mission, values, goals and strategic direction of the unit, hospital and system.
- Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions.
- Collaborates with the unit managers and/or directors in developing and revising unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
- Leads day to day operations in achievement of department goals.
Charge RN Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from and accredited school of Nursing, RN program required
- BSN preferred
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Required certifications for the area of practice
- National Certification in area of clinical specialty preferred
- One year of clinical leadership experience preferred
- BLS, PALS and NRP
- One Year of clinical leadership experience preferred
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 and 2018
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.