Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Five of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2018 - the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
OUR MISSION: Ardent Health Services is a premier provider of health care services, delivered with compassion for patients and their families, with respect for employees, physicians, and other health professionals, with accountability for our fiscal and ethical performance, and with responsibility to the communities we serve.
OUR PHILOSOPHY: Every action we take at AHS is built on three key tenets:
- Ardent recognizes that each hospital is as unique as the community it serves.
- We believe in working with employees and physicians to improve the quality of care, patient safety and customer service and we measure all three continuously.
- We reinvest in our facilities – helping our hospitals expand services, enhance technology and add new programs that fulfill their missions.
We believe it is this mix of corporate support and local autonomy that equips our facilities for success.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Epic Ambulatory team as Manager, Physician Systems.
The Manager, Physician Systems will report to the Director, Physician Systems and will focus on the management of the Ambulatory, Beacon and legacy staff. This position will provide leadership in the functional support, new business and system development of the Epic Ambulatory applications to enable the achievement of success in our clinical operations throughout the enterprise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of 12-15 staff members
- Developing system strategies with management and other stakeholders
- Conducting needs analyses
- Identifying and mitigating project risks
- Supporting the applications users
- Managing the implementation of application projects
- Resource management and functional manager responsibilities
- Project Management
- Maintain and promote a high level of customer service at all times
- Oversee and ensure the staff is maintaining service levels
- Collaborates with various stakeholders and constituents to introduce solutions; identifying system deficiencies, managing enhancement requests, application updates, and implementations
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation schedule