Nurse Extern, PRN, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Nurse Extern to join our Women's Hospital team in Albuquerque, NM.
This PRN job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Nurse Extern Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing technical procedures as authorized under the direction of an RN, Nurse Manager, or physician.
- Performs basic nursing assistant responsibilities.
- Implements and documents an individualized plan of care which incorporates age specific considerations and includes discharge planning and patient/family teaching.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the terminology, processes and procedures, regulations relating to the type of patient care provided in the unit/area of employment.
Nurse Extern Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; Must be enrolled in an Accredited Nursing program with an anticipating completion of the program within 12 months from date of hire.
- Desired: Completion of approved nursing assistant course
- One (1) year of previous job related experience
- Current BLS
- Medical Technology; Anatomy and Physiology training
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Strong customer service skills
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 and 2018
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.