Surgical Scrub Tech, Operating Room, Full-Time job, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Surgical Scrub Tech to join our Surgical team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center. An acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Surgical Scrub Tech Job Responsibilities:
- Assists surgeons with surgical procedures within the operating room under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to include conveying sterile instruments and supplies used in basic to complex surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of sterile techniques, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field setup including sterilization methods.
- Ensures accurate count of sponges, needles, and instruments used in all procedures at all times.
Surgical Scrub Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology program or clinical-based program
- Desired: Certified OR Tech
- Six (6) months experience in an operating room or ambulatory surgery unit
- Current BLS
- Training in Anatomy and Physiology
- Training in sterile techniques and medical terminology
- Knowledge in instrumentation and medical equipment
- Excellent Critical thinking skills
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 and 2018
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.