Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Seven of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2017 – more than any other system in the country. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017 and 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Financial Analyst.
This is a newly created position reporting to the Director, Financial Analysis, the Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting financial analysis projects and preparing financial forecasting models. The Analyst will also work on ad hoc analytical projects that are supporting the Chief Financial Officer requirements
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination and documentation of financial analysis projects in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Analyzes revenues and expenditures and current and future debt obligations; completes debt coverage calculations and future revenue and expenditure and ratio tests; analyzes monthly operating statements. Assists in preparation of internal and external presentation materials.
- Assists with letter of credit correspondence between issuing bank and beneficiaries regarding letter of credit amendments, amounts, etc.
- Potential involvement with third party credit rating agencies and future M&A activity
- Will perform a variety of complicated tasks, including financial modeling, projections, monitoring, and tracking.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and across teams to achieve the completion of tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
- Three to Five years of experience in accounting and finance is required.
- Healthcare or banking experience strongly preferred.
- Must be familiar with standard accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Should possess experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with the ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Must have strong financial modeling/projection experience and computer skills with heavy emphasis on MS Excel.
- An analytical nature with a high level of attention to detail.
- An ability to provide accurate and efficient work product under deadlines.
- A team attitude to work and interact with departments throughout the company.
- A familiarity with lending agreements preferably.
- The ability to deliver concise summaries of detailed analysis.
- Initiative and desire to take ownership of projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.