Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery, Full-Time job, Nights, Roswell, NM
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Labor and Delivery team in Roswell, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Regional Hospital, which provides 24/7 emergency services, intensive care, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, surgical services and birthing services for Roswell and the surrounding community. Lovelace’s presence in Roswell also includes a primary and specialty care clinic to allow us to better serve the residents of southeast New Mexico.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, to include patient care and staff management assigned to the RN in his/her charge.
- May serve in the role of Charge Nurse and is accountable for professional practice.
- Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with members of the healthcare team and facilitates the generation of ideas for improvement of patient care and functioning of the unit.
Registered Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Two (2) years experience in specialty as two (2) years of general nursing experience
- Valid New Mexico Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Current BLS; Hiring department may also require ACLS and/or PALS
- Couplet experience
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Management skills; strong organization and problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- DNV Accredited
- Named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 100 Hospital with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs
- Truven Health Analytics named Lovelace Health System among the top 20 percent of health systems in the country, and is the only health system recognized for this honor in New Mexico
- Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.