Fort Washington Investment Advisors has an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Planner(CFP).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Financial Planner oversees and is responsible for all financial planning performed by the Fort Washington Investment Advisors Private Client Group as well as working with Western Financial Group associates and retirees. The scope of responsibility includes working with clients to develop comprehensive financial plans to meet clients long-term financial goals utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, estate planning and real estate. Interviews clients to determine their assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives. Analyzes client's financial status, develops financial plan based on analysis of data, and discusses financial options with client. Prepares and submits documents to implement plan selected by client. Manages and coordinates the financial planning workflow generated by others to ensure financial plan quality, timeliness, and accuracy. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updates manager on a regular basis.
• Works with clients to develop comprehensive financial plans to meet long-term financial goals utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Interviews clients to assess their financial goals and determine their assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives and risk tolerance.
• Analyzes client's financial status, develops financial plan and recommendations that fulfill goals based on analysis of data, and discusses financial options with client. Prepares and submits documents to implement plan selected by client. Works with client’s other advisors (legal, accounting, investment advisors, etc.) to ensure plans are properly implemented.
• Designs, develops and evaluates product presentations and related materials to ensure they meet business objectives. Oversees and ensures the use of appropriate presentation methods, adult learning theory, and media for presentations. Partners with other departments to leverage existing marketing and presentation materials and subject matter expertise across the financial group. Ensures alignment and consistent philosophies around the presentation of information regarding company products.
• Delivers presentations to a variety of audiences. Communicates effectively, ensuring that information is easy for participants to grasp and apply. Creates a productive environment, allowing for exploration and discussion of information.
• Manages other financial planners and para-planners.
• Coordinates the financial planning group’s workflow.
• Before a plan is delivered to the client the Senior Financial Planner reviews the plan to ensure its quality, timeliness, consistency, and accuracy.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Experience within the Financial Services industry. Background to include retirement, investment, insurance, tax, estate planning, debt consolidation, and wealth building strategies.
• Knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs between internal and external groups in a clear, focused and concise manner. Able to convey accurate information effectively, orally and through written spreadsheets, financial plans, analysis, and other documentation.
• Proven strong analytical skills to diagnose client situation and make proper recommendations for solutions.
• Ability to review and comprehend complex legal documents (wills, trusts, estate planning documents, etc.).
• Strong listening skills and ability to effectively communicate to a broad range of clients.
• Strong organizational abilities.
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and financial planning software.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation must be current and all continuing education requirements must be up to date.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
• Must be able to adapt hours to clients’ needs.
Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., a member of Western & Southern Financial Group (Western & Southern), is a registered investment advisor with experience in fixed income, public equity and private equity. Clients include institutions and high-net-worth individuals throughout the country.
Pensions & Investments magazine named Fort Washington number two on its Best Places to Work in Money Management in December 2013. In May 2013, the magazine ranked Fort Washington 109th on its annual list of the world’s largest money managers based on the firm’s year-end 2012 total assets under management.
Fort Washington’s subsidiaries include:
Fort Washington Capital Partners Group, the institutional private equity division of Fort Washington, manages private equity commitments, including private equity funds of funds and customized advisory programs.
Fort Washington Private Client Group, the wealth management division of Fort Washington, offers comprehensive and objective investment management, consulting, and wealth advisory services to high-net-worth individuals, their businesses, and philanthropic organizations.
Located in exciting downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, Western & Southern provides associates a host of benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, company-funded pension plan, 401(k), free fitness facility, free on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
As of June 30, 2014, Western & Southern had in excess of $70 billion in assets owned and under management and nearly 4,000 associates and 40,000 financial services professionals contracted to sell and service its products. The company is leveraging its industry-leading financial strength to fuel growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in its current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.