Western & Southern has an immediate opening for a Director of Quality Assurance. The Director of Quality Assurance will be responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the enterprise IT organization. They will work closely with IT leaders to develop and implement an overall quality maturity road-map and plan for each IT functional area.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The QA Director will work with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans. Additionally, the QA Director will establish internal IT service quality control standards, policies and procedures. They will monitor, evaluate, manage and execute audit processes to ensure compliance. Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables. Documents non-compliance to policies, process and standards and assists in their resolution. Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives. Conducts audits and analyzes findings to develop appropriate corrective action recommendations. Provides training on established processes and policies.
• 10+ years experience in software quality assurance and testing with: 7+ years of experience in a QA leadership role, directly managing other QA personnel, 5+ years of experience in QA test automation tools.
• Proven experience overseeing the creation and implementation of test plans and cases that provide complete and repeatable coverage of product requirements.
• Requires expertise in managing all phases of systems testing, including traceability of requirements, test plan preparation, test case/test script management, test project plan creation, test
case execution, tracking and release management.
• Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
• Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and
contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
• Bachelor’s degree
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database applications and presentation software.
Certifications & licenses:
One or more of the following designations or other Industry equivalent certification(s):
o Current Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
o Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
o Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)
o ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL)
o Quality Improvement Associate Certification (CQIA)
o Certified Test Manager (CTM)
o Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP)
• Defines, implements, and owns the framework for Quality Assurance (QA) processes throughout the software development life cycle for the Enterprise.
• Establishes and implement QA policies and procedures using industry best practices.
• Conducts internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development. Evaluates the quality of programs and services provided, including Business Units, for consistency with the Company's strategic goals and objectives.
• Establishes and maintains a visible, accountable, and measurable QA process with meaningful metrics for senior management team.
• Be the champion for software quality and accountable for the continuous improvement of policies, procedures and infrastructure to improve quality. Proactively provides advice, guidance, analysis and direction regarding the QAn process.
• Develops and implements automated testing processes for software components to ensure full test coverage and repeatability.
• Provides best practices and leadership consultation on QA policies, procedures, standards, test strategies, and automation practices.
• Be the champion for the defect management process using Jira, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center or other similar tools.
• Oversee manager led teams responsible for:
o Estimating and planning the QA effort (requirements, testing, etc.) required for software projects and being accountable for the successful execution on time and within budget.
o The requirements gathering process including the initial development and change management of requirements documents.
o Planning all testing activities and reporting project status;
o Assigning tasks and resources to meet project deadlines;
o Conducting unit testing, regression testing, system-level integration testing, end-to-end testing and acceptance testing.
o Ensuring test strategy, test plans and test cases are produced on time to the right quality.
o Implementing and/or reviewing and approving manual and automated test plans for each release.
o The selection, setup and maintenance of test automation tools.
o Communicating with frequency and accuracy status information and analysis of issues and risks.
• Provides technical QA leadership and training to new and/or less experienced associates throughout the Enterprise.
• Recruits, hires, trains and develops staff. Provides direction to and development of associates through daily coaching, the administration of the Performance Management Program and the creation and implementation of development plans.
• Extended hours required to meet work program demands.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.