Fort Washington Investment Advisors has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Regional Business and Development Director.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Position is responsible for growing third-party assets through business development strategies. Reports to the Managing Director of Business Development and would have responsibility for coverage of a specific territory as part of the institutional sales team. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
• Develops and executes a comprehensive sales plan for a specific geographic territory.
• Proactively maintains relationships with relevant consulting firms and their regional offices.
• Proactively cultivates prospective clients directly through cold calls, emails and other campaigns.
• Provides market intelligence on investment and industry trends to enable a more focused marketing effort.
• Ensures all relevant RFP/RFI requests receive timely accurate responses.
• Works in concert with designated portfolio manager, acts in a client service role with responsibility for maintaining the overall client relationship at a reference-able level.
• Initiates proactive calling plans for each client outside the normal meeting cycle to enhance client relationships and cross selling opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Must have significant experience in investment management business development, investment consulting or related field.
• Demonstrated successful track record for raising assets from institutional clients.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with broad range of clients and consultants as well as all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated experience effectively influencing a group to a recommended course of action.
• Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Expected to cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands. Must demonstrate project management experience in planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
• Must be able to cite examples from work experience on identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and providing creative resolutions to solve.
• Must be able to cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision.
• Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Must be able to cite examples of good decision making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and use new methodologies. This includes providing examples of strong negotiating skills to resolve problems.
• Superb presentation skills with experience conveying information in a clear, focused and concise manner. Demonstrated use of strong listening and communication techniques and presentation software. Must provide examples of effectively presenting information to individuals at all levels of understanding and knowledge.
• Demonstrated experience in customer service or client management. This would include identifying client problems/issues, providing and initiating effective resolutions.
• Must provide examples from work experience demonstrating flexibility to meet department and customer needs.
• Demonstrated experience setting professional goals and successfully implementing and achieving those goals.
• Bachelor’s degree with a preference for finance/marketing or related major.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Working knowledge of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• None required.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Centered on the interests of our clients, Fort Washington offers a wide range of financial solutions that are customized to the specific needs of both institutions and individuals. Our core commitment remains the same within the parameters of each investment strategy: to provide our clients with outstanding investment products and services that present long-term, above-average return potential. Fort Washington is a member of Western & Southern Financial Group.
Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc.
Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., a registered investment advisor, provides professional and comprehensive investment management services for institutions, corporations, insurance companies, mutual funds, foundations, associations and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1990, Fort Washington and its subsidiaries manage more than $27.3 billion in assets, offering a broad array of investment styles from equity and fixed income to private equity fund of funds.
Fort Washington Capital Partners Group
Fort Washington Capital Partners Group (FWCPG), based in Cincinnati, Ohio, is the institutional private equity division of Fort Washington. FWCPG manages more than $1.8 billion in private equity commitments, including eight private equity funds of funds and various customized advisory programs. FWCPG team has been investing in private equity partnerships since 1984, beginning with investments on behalf of its parent company and affiliates. In 1999, FWCPG expanded its investment efforts to include third-party clients through its fund of funds offerings. To date, FWCPG has invested in more than 215 underlying funds.
Fort Washington Wealth Management Group
Fort Washington Wealth Management Group is the wealth management division of Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc., offering comprehensive and objective investment management, consulting and wealth advisory services to high-net-worth individuals, their businesses and philanthropic organizations.
Western and Southern Financial Group provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.