Standard Job Description:
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Specific Job Description:
The SI Organization is looking for experienced Software Engineers to join the Advanced Technical Exploitation Program II (ATEP II) team supporting the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), Wright Patterson AFB, OH. The candidate will support software engineering activities for planning, collection, processing, analysis, dissemination and archiving in the areas of Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) development activities. The successful candidate will have significant experience in areas to include: computer science, information technology, and engineering. The candidate will also have experience in resolving complex assignments and develop solutions unique to the NASIC customer’s needs.
• Experience in algorithm development, numerical analysis and complex data processing problems.
• C/C++ and/or JAVA experience
• Ability to interact with the NASIC customer in a demanding, fast-paced operational environment to conceive, develop and implement innovative solutions to hard GEOINT/MASINT intelligence problems.
• Strong analysis skills, with ability to identify, accurately describe and resolve technical design, development and implementation issues of complex programming projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Education in engineering, computer science, or information technology.
Experience in SOCET GXP is highly desirable
Experience in Matlab/IDL GUI prototyping
Experience in GEOINT/MASINT engineering domains such as machine vision, image processing, and signal processing
Previous experience with NASIC and/or the Intelligence Community.
Former leadership roles, either as a team or project lead.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.