Healthcare is Tatum’s largest vertical. We serve all three segments of the industry: providers, suppliers and payers, including for profits and private equity owned, mission based and not for profit enterprises. We have a unique combination of seasoned operating executives and consulting professionals that can both diagnose and execute on initiatives. From process improvement to strategic and technology responses to healthcare reform, pre acquisition due diligence to post acquisition integration, Tatum can take an initiative that has the ability to materially “move the needle” from concept to execution. Within the healthcare space, we focus on executive level leaders and their initiatives, made more robust by the Randstad sister operating companies.
The Tatum Healthcare CFO, CIO, Consultant and Controller are executive level professionals who provide hands-on leadership to our local and national Healthcare clients’ project based, interim and permanent mission critical needs. The position reports to the Managing Partner or other designated leader within a market, and is responsible for providing a full spectrum of strategic services and working with and participating in our Healthcare Centers of Excellence which include the following:
• Revenue Cycle Management
• Process & Performance Improvement
• Healthcare Strategy & Financial Advisory in light of healthcare reform and Industry shifts/trends
• Business IT Alignment
• Transaction Services (pre acquisition planning & post acquisition integration)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform the delivery of exemplary client services to ensure client satisfaction, and the building of long term client relationships.
• Complete all required work from a technical perspective to attain client goals within an agreed upon time frame, working with Center of Excellence, Project Executives and QC colleagues as appropriate.
• Maintain and expand the necessary technical expertise to meet the client and Firm needs.
• Contribute to team building within the firm, across the practices, between offices, and with individuals.
• May provide necessary supervision, review and recognition of subordinates while on a single client engagement, as requested.
• May provide developmental, counseling and mentoring support to individuals on client engagements through appropriate oversight, communication, and evaluation of performance reviews.
• Ability to define client needs quickly, develop an action plan, execute the plan effectively and deliver results that create value for the client.
• Ensure that engagement budgets and client objectives are achieved.
• Assist leadership in the management, recruiting, training, and development of others.
• Participate in and contribute to practice development activities including writing knowledge flashes, white papers, developing tools and methodologies, and drafting marketing materials for review, as requested.
• Provide leadership in practice area, and in the development, implementation and achievement of Firm goals, as requested, as requested.
• Find, develop, or improve the tools, systems and processes to deliver needed client services, as requested.
• Share product development with others in the Firm for mutual benefit, as requested.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related degree from an accredited college/university required. Advanced degree such as an MBA or CPA preferred.
• Minimum of 10-15 years, depending on role(s), of related Healthcare experience required.
• CPA or other related certification preferred.
Experience in a variety of healthcare organizational settings and subindustries desired.
Blend of seated leadership and consultative roles desired.
• Prior experience in a Consulting or Audit Firm preferred.
Job Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work as an individual and as part of an internal (Tatum) or external (Client) team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the client staff and management at all levels using appropriate levels of persuasion, negotiation, and influence skills.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
• Ability to demonstrate technical expertise, analytical skills, integrity, and commitment to client satisfaction.
• Experience in managing client staff in complex assignments.
• Experience in effectively managing multiple projects or engagements.
• Experience in managing a team of professionals on engagements or assignments as requested.
• Proficiency in multiple financial systems, including Tier 1 ERP systems (Oracle, PeopelSoft, SAP, etc) preferred.
Tatum, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.