Door to Door Residential Sales
Under general or direct supervision, sells home security and auxiliary services to new or existing customers within assigned territory to ensure that the goals for new customer penetration and penetration lift are met within assigned areas.
• Acquires new home security customers and upgrades current customers by conducting door-to-door canvass, appointment or referral solicitation in assigned territory.
• Prepares and executes customer sales application, arranging for installation date, and/or collecting and remitting revenues as prescribed.
• Upgrades and improves sales presentation, knowledge of products, services and rates, as required.
• Systematically reviews assigned territory to ensure all dwelling units are contacted on a prescribed and periodic basis. Maintains required record keeping and reporting of all sales and service activities.
• Acquires new or upgrades customers by solicitation by direct contact, or at special events (street-fairs, shopping malls, lobby demonstrations), as required.
• Contacts customers for pending disconnects, change of service or follow-up on installations.
• Attends sales meetings and training sessions, as required.
• Independently plans and executes daily sales activities.
• Implements effective closing techniques to meet goals.
• Previous experience working in a quota driven environment with demonstrated success.
• Advanced knowledge of home security systems and basic knowledge of internet, cable and phone systems.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
• Strong ability to persuade and influence others, overcome objections and work within an environment where often a second effort is required.
• Ability to develop and deliver verbal presentations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and direct sales promotions and techniques.
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to be self-driven, initiate own activities, be a self-starter, and take personal initiative for success. Excellent time management skills required.
• Strong organizational capabilities required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and patiently with a wide range of personalities and abilities.
• Must be able to present information in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Generally, a minimum of one year experience successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals in a door to door sales environment.
• Ability to work in a direct sales, door to door sales environment.