The successful candidate will perform non-destructive testing on gas turbine engine components and parts using the magnetic particle inspection (MPI) and/or liquid penetrant (LPI) methods. The Inspector will:
- Ensure the functional and acceptable status of the non-destructive test equipment in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Determine the acceptance of parts and components for surface condition in preparation for the non-destructive test process.
- Perform the specific non-destructive test process as identified in the shop order work instruction.
- Process the part(s) in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Inspect and interpret the test results.
- Mark all unacceptable discontinuities for location and dimension.
- Document the completion and test results of non-destructive test process.
- Ensure parts are cleaned following completion of NDT process and in acceptable condition for further processing.
- Observe all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
Canadian Government Standards Board (CGSB) - Can/CGSB-48.9712 Level 2 in MPI and/or LPI methods.
- Knowledgeable in the requirements and methods of handling materials processed.
- Knowledgeable in the Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to attain the internal non-destructive test process approval.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Basic computer proficiency.