· Evaluates user requests for new modified programs to determine feasibility, time requirements, and system impact.
· Converts project specifications sequences of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language to be processed by computers.
· Reads computer print-outs or display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors.
· Periodically reviews status of assigned tasks and provides status reports to manager.
· Independently maintains and enhances complex programs by performing the full range of programming, testing, debugging, and modifying of affected reports, data, files, etc.
· Independently analyzes and designs new systems after consultation with users and technical staff.
· Writes development, logic, coding and corrections. Writes manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
· Assists in the development and maintenance of operating and programming standards as it pertains to computer hardware and software.
· Assists in providing guidance and direction to other programmers.
· Carries out special projects as assigned.
· College diploma in computer programming or Bachelor Science in Computer Science or equivalent
· Thorough knowledge of applicable programming languages i.e. VB6, .NET, JAVA, Oracle SQL, MS SQL ·Server and Crystal Reports preferred.
· JDev experience an asset.
· Good planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of PC's in the company operating system environment.
· Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.