Microsoft Retail Overview: Our Passion Unites Us!
What do Microsoft employees have in common? The answer is passion - passion for life, for creating quality products and services, for great customer experience and for the people who count on us to help them realize their potential.
In Microsoft Retail, we're looking for high energy people who thrive on delivering the best customer experience possible. Warm and casual, yet knowledgeable and current, we live to delight our customers every time they visit.
As a Microsoft Retail Product Advisor, you will serve as a friendly and insightful primary point of contact for our customers. Your customer relationship and total solution selling abilities will earn the trust of customers and coworkers alike as you engage, educate, excite, and empower those around you.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Help customers discover, enable, and implement high value Microsoft technology solutions and services across a broad range of devices that meet their individual needs and exceed their expectations.
- Flawlessly execute the sales and service strategies of the Microsoft Retail organization.
- Present total solution offerings and sales support based upon each customer’s unique needs, both before and after the sale.
- Maintain expert level product knowledge in all Microsoft retail products, devices, and services offerings.
- Continuously learn through others, self- educate, share specialized knowledge, and expertly demonstrate and present the newest product and service offerings across all devices.
- Collaborate with peers, store leaders, corporate, and field team members in the development of the necessary tools and program offerings that will lead to long-term relationships with elated customers.
- Must be able to work a regular schedule as required by the needs of the business.
- Must be able to move about the store.
- Lifting/carrying (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers will be required!)
- Passion for and usage of Microsoft products and technology.
- Superior customer service/people rapport building skills, both 1:1 and in a group environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, presentation skills, and multi-tasking ability.
- Teaching or training experience.
- Prior experience selling technology or other consumer products.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, public facing environment.
- Team player and ability to get along with others.
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year previous retail sales, hospitality, or high level customer service experience.