Who We Are
Clean Harbors is a leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves over 50,000 customers, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
What We Offer
• A salary range of $42,000.00 - $74,412.00, based on experience and qualifications, for this permanent full-time position;
• Comprehensive healthcare benefits and group RRSP with company matching component after 3 months.
Our Calgary, AB location (5757 4th Street SE) is currently looking for a Geomatics Technologist (NOC 2255) – Geo Spatial Analyst to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible to organize and manipulate the LiDAR point cloud to improve its correctness, including implementing company procedures and ensuring the highest level of integrity and accuracy of the LiDAR data.
• Must exhibit a high level of attention to detail during processing and in file management tasks;
• Assess and correct miss-calibrated LiDAR data from field acquisitions;
• Monitor the integrity and vertical accuracies of classified LiDAR point clouds and visually inspect and make required corrections to LiDAR datasets following company procedures;
• Maintain daily records of production in conjunction with other employees and recognize and report any anomalies and deficiencies in data;
• Completion of a post-secondary education from a recognized university, technical school or college;
• Preference will be given to applicants who have direct education and/or experience dealing with LiDAR;
• Preference will be given to applicants with a proficiency using the Terrasolid suite of LiDAR processing applications, GIS / Mapping software, specifically ArcGIS and with CAD software, specifically MicroStation;
• Previous applicable LiDAR processing experience will be viewed as an asset and may take precedence over the education component.
Visit our career site at www.cleanharbors.com to complete your online application.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer.