Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Field Project Manager is responsible to increase the win rate enabling the region to add incremental revenue which has not been prior budgeted.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Serves as Project Manager for Environmental Construction group.
• Manages and oversees small to midsize, technically complex projects involving waste site clean up and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition.
• Prepare proposals, including cost estimates and work scopes and schedules.
• Acts as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
• Provide guidance to subordinates in order to meet Remedial budget expectations.
• Takes lead on all credit and collections issues as it relates to work generated within the managed business units.
• Provides engineering and technical support to field service offices.
• Ability to provide timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates.
• Provides technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
• Enforce the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety. Will be measured off the districts health and safety record. Works closely with the Director of Health and Safety and VP of Site Services in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Documents all aspects of the response action and compiles site data required to characterize the nature and extent of contamination, the hydrology and geological stratigraphy of the disposal site, and the environmental receptors that may be affected.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• BS in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines.
• 5+ years experience in environmental in environmental, remediation or site construction.
• Cost estimating and computer experience.
• Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Strong environmental remediation background and experience.
• In depth knowledge of remedial technologies.
• Proficient in Windows based activities.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong customer management skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
• Excellent interpersonal silks.
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites.
• Requires speaking, listening.
• Requires standing, walking.
• Requires sitting,
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer