Truck Driver is an entry level position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
• Stringing overhead wire.
• Setting poles and anchors.
• Assists with installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
• Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
• Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
• Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
• Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
• Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
• Understands proper use of company radio.
• Understands operation of heavy equipment.
• Understand basic rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying.
• Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
• Capable of receiving and following directions.
• Capable of learning basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
• Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
• Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
• Must be familiar with induced voltage.
• Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single phase transformer.
• Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
• Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding.
• Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
• Understands minimum approach distance.
• Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
• Understands flag and tag procedures.
• Capable of installing and removing a service.
• Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods and PPE.
• Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.
• Capable of making up and using a hand line.
• Understands how and when to use Kellum grips.
• Able to identify different types of materials used in line work.
• Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
• Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
• Able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
• A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
• Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
• Willing to work over-time when requested.
• Customer Oriented
• Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer