MY Career. MY Company. MY Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - CIVIL at our Edmonton Buildings District located in Edmonton, Alberta.
You will support the district’s operations in the surrounding Edmonton area, northern Alberta, and the Northwest Territories.
- Responsible for overall project performance and reporting in areas including, but not limited to costs/budget, schedule, quality, project status
- Maintain and build excellent relationships with subcontractors and clients
- May oversee the operations of less experienced Project Managers, Project Coordinators and/or project engineers
- Ensure safety and environmental standards are met and or exceeded
- Provide exceptional leadership
- Ongoing contract preparation and management
- Value engineering
- Pursuit of civil projects
- Minimum 20 years of experience in construction with a general contractor of which a majority of your career has been spent working on civil projects (roads, bridges, light rail transit, transportation systems, substations)
- Experience supervising and managing direct reports for a minimum of 10 years
- Experience in the pursuit phase of projects, including take offs, estimates, contract negotiation and project start up
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams, including schedule and financials
- Proven ability to acquire work and build relationships with subcontractors, clients, and consultants
- Exceptional supervisory, communication and organizational skills required to excel in a fast paced construction environment
- Local market experience is an asset
- Gold Seal certification in project management is an asset
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your legacy today.