My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent - individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
As a key member of the project management team based on various project sites throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan, the Field Office Manager position requires the successful candidate to provide accounting and project administrative expertise to support the construction and accounting teams.
- This position is responsible for:
- Managing the full cycle construction project from start up through completion
- Overseeing all accounting functions including progress billing, cost control, and payroll
- Understanding and implementing contract terms and provisions including prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Interacting with the client’s financial representatives to align business practices
- Managing accounting and administrative staff for the duration of the project
- Monitor collections daily and follow up on outstanding amounts
- Ensure that month end deadlines are reporting are met
- Liase with Head Office accountants
The successful candidate must have:
- a minimum of 7 years of senior level experience in an industrial field construction environment as well as experience in construction risk management.
- experience in recruiting, training and managing staff, and have worked on projects worth more than $100 million
- Graduated from an accredited post secondary institute's accounting program
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Proven ability to perform under tight time lines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analaytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and prior experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is considered an asset.
Preference will be given to those who demonstrate strong motivational and mentoring skills, as well as those with a professional accounting designation.
The PCL family of campanies consistely rank among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsupurpassed value. This is a project based position with flights and camp accomodations or living out allowances provided. Candidates must be willing to commit to the project scheduled of ten 10-hour days followed by 4 days off. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those identified for future consideration will be contacted.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.