At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Civil Superintendent for various Industrial Constructors project sites in Fort McMurry, Alberta and Vanscoy, Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the General Superintendent, major duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages all field construction on a project site
- Ensure all work is done safely, efficiently, of high quality, and that all company and client procedures are being met
- Mentoring, coaching, and supervising foremen/field personnel
- Selecting best construction methodology (formwork, craneage, access) and directing subcontractor coordination and progress
- Timely scheduling, coordination, and cost control, as they pertain to labour, equipment, and materials on site
- Ensure project profitability
- Construction procedures – safe work, job safety analysis
- Extensive construction trade background
- Previous experience in a field supervisory role
- Strong attention to detail, organizational ability, problem resolution skills, and superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the various Microsoft office programs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and provide direction to key contacts at job sites
- Preference will be given to candidates who have successful experience in industrial construction
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.