My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are globally seeking experienced Superintendents for our Canadian Buildings Division – Toronto district. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for all field operations required to construct the project which includes overseeing all on-site construction activities, ensuring that project plans and schedule are followed, and that project is executed effectively and within budget.
Foreign international candidates are welcome. Assistance with relocation and immigration may be provided.
- Create, maintain and execute project plan and schedule and ensure compliance with budget.
- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities.
- Supervise, direct, coach and train Assistant Superintendents, Coordinators, Field Engineers, Surveyors, Students, Hourly Foreman and Hourly staff assigned to project.
- Create site specific plans and procedures; ensure the implementation of PCL’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project quality standards and design requirements.
- Assist with obtaining necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners.
- Resolve and advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Maintain the project’s Daily Job Diary.
- Other duties as required
- 2 year college diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades
- Minimum 7 years progressive construction related experience
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job
- Experience applying basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety legislation
- Able to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Ability to visualize and create the project schedules critical path
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility
- Understands when to seek out professional advice
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook etc.)
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.