My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
In response to the growing number of civil opportunities, we are expanding our civil group. We have several openings for civil estimators with a proven track record of unit price and lump sum civil estimating and bidding experience. This includes structural concrete, road building, earthwork, rockwork, bridges, river work, tunneling, underground utilities and retaining walls.
We're looking for individuals who have well developed skills and knowledge of unit price and lump sum civil estimating and bidding experience. This includes structural concrete, road building, earthwork, rockwork, bridges, underground utilities and retaining walls. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include.
- Interpreting contracts and specifications
- Development of appropriate estimate structure
- Completing accurate take-offs
- Soliciting information from subcontractors and suppliers
- Project planning and scheduling
- Timely and accurate estimate bidding and closeout
- Estimating direct and indirect/general expense cost items
- Leading a team for major estimates from owner issue of bid documents through bid submission
- Providing effective leadership and training to less experienced estimators through well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computerized civil estimating systems and other common programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Being disciplined in estimating procedures including document and addenda control
- Successful estimating experience in a Canadian civil construction market is a strong asset
- Gold Seal Certification in estimating is an asset
- Ability to travel and work away from home
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.