As a member of the PCL family of companies, you will be joining Canada’s largest general contracting organization. PCL operates in the buildings, civil and industrial markets, drawing on the talent of an exceptional network of construction teams who are making their mark on flagship projects across North America.
In response to the growing number of civil opportunities, we are expanding our civil group. We have several openings for civil estimators with a proven track record of unit price and lump sum civil estimating and bidding experience. This includes structural concrete, road building, earthwork, rockwork, bridges, river work, tunneling, underground utilities and retaining walls.
We're looking for individuals who have well developed skills and knowledge of unit price and lump sum civil estimating and bidding experience. This includes structural concrete, road building, earthwork, rockwork, bridges, underground utilities and retaining walls. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include.
- Interpreting contracts and specifications
- Development of appropriate estimate structure
- Completing accurate take-offs
- Soliciting information from subcontractors and suppliers
- Project planning and scheduling
- Timely and accurate estimate bidding and closeout
- Estimating direct and indirect/general expense cost items
- Leading a team for major estimates from owner issue of bid documents through bid submission
- Providing effective leadership and training to less experienced estimators through well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computerized civil estimating systems and other common programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Being disciplined in estimating procedures including document and addenda control
- Successful estimating experience in a Canadian civil construction market is a strong asset
- Gold Seal Certification in estimating is an asset
- Ability to travel and work away from home
At PCL, we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership and unsurpassed value. We are looking for individuals who thrive on working in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations. We’re looking for hard working individuals who have demonstrated estimating skills, and who thrive in a team environment. In return, we financially reward staff for their contribution to our success and provide them with a challenging and supportive working environment that promotes personal and professional growth.