My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Superintendents in our Canadian Buildings Division – Toronto district. Reporting directly to the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent is responsible for assisting in constructing all field operation requirements.
• Take responsibility for a group of activities or subcontractors and manage the work to be done
• Monitor and execute the project construction plan and schedule and ensure compliance with budget and quality
• Liaise with third party inspectors, design team and municipal/provincial authorities
• Ensure the implementation of PCL’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
• Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project policies, procedures, and safety requirements are maintained
• Liaise between field engineering, estimating, project management and subcontractors to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications
• Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, materials quantities, equipment, requirements, etc. are maintained, including field engineering and construction activities
• Provide assistance to the Superintendent in resolving problems
• Advise senior level supervisor and project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. and assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required
• Maintain the project’s Daily Job Diary
• Other duties as required
• 3 years experience in a construction related position
• Knowledge of the construction industry and construction specifications, methods and procedures
• Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance
• Knowledge of scheduling, monitoring and forecasting resources for optimum efficiency
• Ability to understand the project schedules critical path
• Experience with managing others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility
• Knowledge of building materials and safety principles/procedures
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.) and other internal operational systems
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.