My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Coordinators in our Canadian Buildings Division – Toronto district. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with the overall project performance, administrative direction for one large, or several smaller projects and project status.
• Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality and project status.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationship with sub trades and clients.
• Manage change order processes, including pricing, negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impact prior to reviewing with the Project Manager.
• Administrating RFI and shop drawing process.
• Develop performance status reports for the Project Manager regarding cost forecast, schedule and safety.
• Assist the Project Manager with issuing subcontracts and monitoring their progress.
• Assist the Project Manager with establishing project safety & environment programs and providing proactive leadership.
• Enforce contractual responsibilities with subcontractors.
• Involved in all facets of project closeout, including archiving documents, maintenance/warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
• Other duties as required
• Engineering diploma
• A minimum of 2+ years construction experience in an operational role.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment/techniques, drawings/specifications, building material and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and building codes.
• Basic understanding of construction sequences.
• Flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Able to establish a strong working relationship with sub trades and clients.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn PCL specific software.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.