We are currently seeking a SharePoint Administrator to join our team at our World Headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.
As a member of the O-I Global Emerging and Collaboration Technologies team, this role will be responsible for leveraging and enhancing SharePoint applications. This person will receive requirements from a business analyst and convert those requirements into a Technical Design Document and implement the changes following our standard change and release process, leveraging out of the box capabilities. Success in this role is determined by end-user satisfaction in the capabilities implemented.
(All other duties as assigned)
• Learn and maintain comprehensive understanding of business functions and related technologies
such as .NET apps, ServiceNow, and Messaging.
• Collaborate with business partners, BIMs, and global process teams to develop and validate business
requirements for new functionality or enhancements.
• Assist global process teams to document and maintain business rules related to SharePoint
• Drive consistency across web platforms by ensuring that the business rules are consistently applied
• Document design specifications, configuration, and testing and training plans; share/validate them
with IT and business users for review and sign-off; and oversee completion of same
• Recommend inventive and creative solutions to solve business problems
• Maintain production system reliability through utilization of change management process
• Handle multiple project assignments simultaneously
• Effectively communicate project and support work related status, including global knowledge sharing
with peers and across IT
• Make recommendations to the Global Manager of Emerging and Collaboration Technologies on
processes and solutions.
• Provide SharePoint configuration and administration expertise in SharePoint 2010 including web
parts, master pages, site collections, workspaces, document libraries, content types, taxonomy, and
• Create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-
concepts, and interactive prototypes
• Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of user centered design
• Foster collaboration and present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a
• Ensure consistency between the various external-facing platforms
• Work in partnership with business stakeholders, graphic designers, and developers to design end-to-
end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
• Act as a UX evangelist, ensuring others understand the value of UX activities and help develop and drive user experience strategy
• Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
• Serve as a mentor for other user experience designers
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The administrator will be responsible for converting functional requirements into technical requirements and building or configuring the solution. The job will require the individual to be well versed in SharePoint and web applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years SharePoint administration
• Bachelor's degree in MIS, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology or relevant business experience.
• Must be authorized to work in the country in which you are applying for a position. O-I will not fund or manage the process of obtaining any required work authorization.
• SharePoint administration
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources, including analysis of results and feedback from the user community
• Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements
• Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
• Ability to document and communicate progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
• Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed
• Work independently with little guidance
• Ability to influence the business to go with standard functionality and negotiate away from custom work.
The administrator will be expected to interface with business partners, business analysts, developers, BIMs, and global process teams. The position will report to the Global Manager of Emerging and Collaboration Technologies.
Minimal travel required for this position - less than 15%.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $7.0 billion in 2013 and employs approximately 22,500 people at 77 plants in 21 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com.
O-I's Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. Join us in the #betteringlass conversation at www.glassislife.com.