At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
This position is part of the NBA Emerging Media group which focuses on identifying, crafting, distributing and publishing content for the NBA's social and digital platforms and its many domestic and international partners throughout the world. This position supports the NBA, WNBA and NBA G League. As the demand for content on the NBA's social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast paced, creative and collaborative environment.
This is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office and is intended to continue throughout the 2018 NBA season.
- You will identify elements and potential storylines from NBA, WNBA and NBA G League live games and tentpole events throughout the season from the NBA’s Content Command Center (This will include nights and weekends)
- You will be crafting content targeted for NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- You will be curating and publishing video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms
- Supporting the NBA's international partners by gathering content for distribution and helping to fulfill licensee requests for additional content
- Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms
- Actively participating in content planning for all league’s social and digital platforms
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA, WNBA and NBA G League and their players, coaches, and teams
- You have knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production/editing or video content production
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- You have basic knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects a plus
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
Educational Background Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field preferred
NBA’s Non-Discrimination Policy
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at the NBA. Accordingly, the NBA’s EEO Policy provides that all employment decisions will be based on merit and valid job qualifications and are made regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.