General Summary: Generate revenue by selling XO products and services as a business solution for the enterprise customer. Sources for and identifies new customers and upsells to the acquired base of customers. Actively involved in the management, retention, and growth of current base of customers, as well as sources for and identifies new customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas by hunting for new logo opportunities and driving sales cycle to closure. Responsible for bulding a customer base, maintaining and upselling the customer base.
• Maintain existing accounts and build new revenue within named account base through large complex Voice, Data, Hosting, and IP products and services sales.
• Gather information on the prospect’s/customer’s business processes, critical success factors, and competitive standing through strategic and consultative sales approach to deliver value-added business solutions.
• Structure presentations, offerings, and contract negotiations that move the customer toward the purchase. Review complex customer requirements, equipment configurations, feasibility of intended applications, required software and adequacy of implementations plans for customer needs, and provide specific solution recommendations.
• Collaborate with internal resources (e.g. technical, engineering, customer service, and related support staff) to share information, coordinate sales and ensure end-to-end customer sales and satisfaction.
• Develop and manage sales funnel to analyze and manage activity and provide accurate and detailed forecasts of identified and proposed opportunities. Develop, implement, and manage actions to cross-sell and up-sell services to existing customers earn additional business.
• Apply sound strategies for protecting accounts and penetrating accounts held by competitors.
• Continue to train and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points, including enhancing expertise in data and IP application technologies.
• Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Relevant Work Experience: 5-8 years business sales experience with medium to large customers. 3+ years telecom or high technology industry experience required
XO sales employees with six-months off ramp performance at or above the targeted quota for an AM will be eligible for consideration
Supervise Staff? No
If yes, please provide list of titles and count.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
• MS Office
• Customer Contact Database