About Manhattan Associates
Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 24-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimization core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE® a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organizations optimize their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft. NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™, a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.
Demand Generation Rep / Marketing Development Rep
As an integral part of the sales and marketing team, the Market Development Representative responsibilities will include inbound and outbound executive demand creation to Fortune 1000 companies, qualifying potential customers, increasing awareness of Manhattan Associates’ product and services, maintaining information in CRM, and handling incoming inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demand Generation – Outbound Telemarketing Efforts
• Prospect into named, targeted accounts with the goal of generating a qualified opportunity to be handed off to Sales. Successful prospecting requires the ability to research a company to understand its environment and supply chain-related issues in order to establish contact with the right person at the prospect company, and effectively position Manhattan solutions as the answer to specific issues challenging the company.
• Follow up on leads generated from marketing activities with the goal of generating qualified opportunities to be handed off to Sales.
• Calls require a high-level overview of Manhattan Associates, our products and services, updating Salesforce.com as needed with call notes, fulfilling literature requests and transition of leads to Sales.
Demand Generation – Inbound Lead Qualification
• Respond to, in a timely manner, inquiries from website information request forms and inbound telephone requests for information regarding Manhattan Associates’ products and services.
• Qualify leads, provide high-level overview of products and services, update Salesforce.com, fulfill literature requests, and transition lead to Sales.
Trade Show Responsibilities
• Handle pre-show appointment setting and post-show follow-up calls as needed.
• Manage lead qualification and appointment activity in booth.
• Successfully communicate MA messaging and solution set to prospects during event.
General Sales Support
• Support integrated marketing activities and promotions with prospect and customer base primarily through outbound calling campaigns.
• Actively seek ways to continuously improve the relationship development process with existing and future prospects and customers.
Reporting/Automating Salesforce.com Processes
• Maintain accuracy and integrity of information in database.
• Evaluate ways to more efficiently utilize Salesforce.com, both for Market Development Department and Territory Managers and implement automated processes.
• Develop skill set to achieve self-service functionality for building queries and generating necessary reports for management.
• Participate in site visits, demos, sales calls, and internal education classes.
• Keep abreast of corporate objectives and product updates.
• Self-education of industry trends via internal/external competitive reports and industry publications.
Education and Experience
• Successful candidate must have demonstrated success qualifying C-level, VP and Director level contacts within Fortune 1000 companies
• Previous lead generation/telemarketing experience within a high-tech company (3-5 years); Supply Chain experience preferred
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to quickly understand customer needs and map to Manhattan solutions
• Adept at working with databases and CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Participation in industry trade shows and corporate events
• Some travel required
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We are committed to attracting and cultivating an inclusive environment that leverages unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our commitment is the cornerstone of a dynamic culture that allows us to work collaboratively to drive innovation, providing us and our customers with a competitive edge. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed. *LI-MH1